Purpose of project: To have students learn how to us a GPS unit, download information, and add to an Arc View document. Students will create an analysis of the data determining any changes that has occurred to the project they are involved with.
1. Students will determine the project that they will pursue. (Example here will be Water Quality.)
2. Students will look at existing maps of Tehama County made with Arc View Program.
6. Student will determine the time and place for their field trip(s).
6. Students will complete their testing and data gathering procedures, and up load their data to the computer
7. Students will update existing data tables on previous arc view project,
or they may
Create Maps Showing their Data
ArcView GIS makes it easy to create maps and add your own data to them. Using ArcView GIS software's powerful visualization tools, you can access records from existing databases and display them on maps.
Click Here to find Location of Mill Creek Water Shed (Power point demo)
8. Student will evaluate their data in relationship to previous group's
project, and write up their conclusion.
This project was developed by Beth Pilger, Los Molinos High School Biology Teacher
I hope this brief outine of a project using GPS and GIS is helpful with all your projects.