- The science of molecules and their transformations is known as chemistry
- Give several examples cited in the film where chemistry is involved in the real world.
Student answers will vary.
- The introduction of the lithium battery was important to what medical advance?
- Why is it important to study the molecular structures and chemistry of living systems?
Many problem have a molecular basis.
- The mass of the materials coming out of a factory must be equal to what?
The mass of the starting materials (including waste).
- In addition to making new materials, chemists are also interested in what?
- What famous chemist discovered the polypeptide structure known as the alpha helix?
- Today's powerful microscopes are able to see individual atoms .
- What tool do scientists often use to study sub-microscopic structures?
- What common compound is formed from sodium metal and chlorine gas?
- What common compound is made by reacting salicylic acid with ethyl acetate?
Aspirin or acetyl salicylic acid